[Mesa-dev] D3D1x Revert

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Thu Sep 23 01:34:07 PDT 2010

Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> writes:
> And to be honest, WINE developers did a disservice to themselves by
> openly stating their concerns. They put themselves between the rock
> and the wall with that. For future reference, if people have this sort
> of doubts, they should contact the project maintainers (e.g Brian,
> Keith) privately.

I dunno if the WINE devs are being over-cautious or not, but if they
have legitimate concerns, why is stating them openly "doing themselves a
disservice"?  Isn't openness a _good_ thing?

Of course, if they do use a public forum they should try to be polite,
(but if they're not, then that's the issue, not the act per-se)

-Miles

--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia