[Mesa-dev] mesa version for software rendered opengl 2.0 + glsl 1.20 + GL_ARB_framebuffer_object ?

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Apr 13 18:59:53 PDT 2011

On 04/13/2011 02:01 PM, Martin Olsson wrote:
> Is there any version of mesa that provides software rendered opengl 2.0 with
> glsl 1.20 and either GL_ARB_framebuffer_object or one of the exts that replace it.
>
> If yes, what is the lowest mesa version that has this support?

Mesa 6.5.3 was the first version to support OpenGL 2.0 and 2.1 with
GLSL 1.10.

Mesa 7.3 was the first version to support GLSL 1.20

In any case, I'd recommend using the latest Mesa release.  You're less
likely to run into bugs.  In particular, the new GLSL compiler is much
better than the old one.

> Also, do you guys have a wiki page that maps which cards and driver versions
> support what opengl versions and extensions?

I think all the GPUs that support fragment shaders advertise OpenGL
2.1.  Older GPUs probably advertise OpenGL 1.5.

-Brian