[Mesa-dev] R600g LLVM shader backend

Tom Stellard thomas.stellard at amd.com
Mon Dec 12 07:56:53 PST 2011

On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 03:16 -0800, Stéphane Marchesin wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 14:15, Tom Stellard <tstellar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just pushed a branch containing an LLVM shader backend for r600g to my
> > personal git repo:
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/mesa/ r600g-llvm-shader
> >
> > There are three main components to this branch:
> >
> > 1. A TGSI->LLVM converter (commit ec9bb644cf7dde055c6c3ee5b8890a2d367337e5)
> >
> > The goal of this converter is to give all gallium drivers a convenient
> > way to convert from TGSI to LLVM.  The interface is still evolving,
> > and I'm interested in getting some feedback for it.
> >
> > 2. Changes to gallivm so that code can be shared between it and
> > the TGSI->LLVM converter.  These changes are attached, please review.
> >
> > 3. An LLVM backend for r600g.
> >

> I can't help but notice the additional license restrictions in that
> code -- is this something that could be sorted out?

The AMDIL portion of the code (basically any file with an AMDIL prefix
plus the macrod* files) is currently licensed under the "3-clause BSD"
license with an addition clause for complying with export laws.  I need
to get some more information from our legal team about the export law
clause before I discuss it further, but I'm hoping it's something we can
work out.

The non-AMDIL portion of the code is still licensed under the MIT
license and has that license included in the file.

-Tom