[Mesa-dev] vertex array regression

Mathias Fröhlich Mathias.Froehlich at gmx.net
Mon Dec 19 12:12:38 PST 2011

Brian,

On Monday, December 19, 2011 17:01:07 you wrote:
> I still don't get what the purpose of the special mapping of the last
> four/five elements is all about.  Can you explain that?

As far as I can see the last ones should not map to anything.
The map is used only in fixed function mode. And there these arrays should not
show up as inputs to any fixed function shader. I think that the purpose of the
previous mapping was just to fill in anything. The changes I did serve exactly
this purpose.

But I agree that here should not be any mapping of these attributes in this
mode. Attached is a small change that is probably a more clean solution to
this mapping problem.

The change passes a quick r600g piglit test.

> Yeah, I see how the incorrect varying_inputs values was causing
> _NEW_ARRAY to get set, thus hiding the problem.  The solution looks
> correct, but I'm a little worried about performance, as is mentioned
> in the comment.
>
> Marek, made that change back in March.  Maybe he can take a look at
> this too.
I cannot comment on this, since I do not see a performance regression on my
use cases.
Marek?

Greetings

Mathias