[Mesa-dev] Help required in configuring mesa 3d in non X environment.

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Dec 28 02:39:08 PST 2011

On Sam, 2011-12-24 at 22:52 +0530, Sanjoy Saha - ERS, HCL Tech wrote:
> As per my project requirement (Safety critical DO-178B), i have a box
> HPCN8641D (ppc) fitted with PCI-E radeon gpu e4690. I have already
> back ported kernel DRM module from 2.6.35.3 to 2.6.23 (Pre-installed
> in machine). I wanted to run mesa 3D application in it. While trying
> to compile mesa 3d with config linux-fbdev (kernel 3d acceleration
> enabled), it bails out giving X server libraries/header dependency.
>
> Is it possible to compile mesa without X server libraries/header ?

I'm not sure offhand about compiling without any X headers / libraries
installed, but it's definitely possible to run hardware accelerated
OpenGL (or ES1/2) without X via EGL. The following options for the Mesa
7.11 configure script should help achieve this: --enable-gallium-egl
--with-egl-platforms=drm --enable-shared-glapi
--with-gallium-drivers=r600 (--enable-gles1/2)

Try running any *_screen EGL demo, e.g.

EGL_LOG_LEVEL=debug eglgears_screen

If there's a problem, the EGL_LOG_LEVEL=debug environment variable
should give some useful debugging output.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com