[Mesa-dev] sRGB in gallium (was: allow rendering to sRGB textures if EXT_fb_srgb is unsupported)

José Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Thu Feb 10 00:47:00 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 17:55 -0800, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In this case, we always use the corresponding linear format in create_surface,
> > therefore we should check for linear format support as well.
>
> Seems sane to me.
>
> Dave.

The patch looks good to me.

But it reminds me of something I've been planning to ask here for some
time now:

Wouldn't it be easier/cleaner if sRGB sampling/rendering support was not
done through formats, but through enable/disable bits in
pipe_sampler_view/pipe_rt_blend_state?

I know that DX9 has it as a state, DX10 doesn't even have SRGB anywher
-- I suppose it has to handed in the shaders.

How does the recent hardware cope with this? different RGB/sRGB formats,
sampling/rendertarget state, or shader instruction?

Jose