[Mesa-dev] Building Mesa 7.10 on Windows 7 / Visual Studio 2010

Brede Johansen bredej at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:13:48 PST 2011

Hi,

I have made VS2008 project and solution files based on the scons
files.  I have also included generation of necessary source files from
python as part of the build.  This also works in VS2010.
My requirement was to get OpenGL software rendering to work so it's
not tested for other configurations.  I also had to make small changes
to the source code, like casting void pointers to the proper type
(malloc).

> The MSVC project files for Mesa haven't been maintained in a while.
> They'll be removed in the next Mesa release.  Instead, take a look at
> the instructions for building with scons.

This is sad news for me and probably a few others on the Windows
platform.  Most of us are used to writing code and debug inside Visual
Studio and would be pretty helpless working from the command line.
In December I tried to submit the project and solution files to
mesa-user as an attachment but the post was to big and I didn't have
the time to follow up.  Btw. git is new territory for me.

Regards,
Brede