[Mesa-dev] Should we need one release function for DRI's GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap?

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Jan 5 05:28:24 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Zhao, Juan J <juan.j.zhao at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>                 In the structure “__DRItexBufferExtensionRec”, we don’t have
> one release interface now. But in our platform, we need to release some
> resources.
>
>                 Why we don’t need the release interface? Or should we add
> one?

In the open source drivers, glXBindTexImageEXT is pretty much the same
as glBindTexture. The pixmaps stays bound until you bind another
texture or pixmap, at which point all the resources are released.
There is nothing for the open source drivers to do in release, so the
DRI extension never had a release function.  If you need a release
function, just send a patch and we can add it.  You'll need to bump
the extension version number and then add the call to release in the
dri loaders (libGL, AIGLX, egl_dri2) conditional on the extension
version.

Kristian