[Mesa-dev] Patch against glxinfo: one line per extension

Nathan Kidd nathan-ml at spicycrypto.ca
Thu Jan 20 12:01:26 PST 2011

On 11-01-20 02:35 PM, Alexandre Demers wrote:
> I'd like to propose a patch against glxinfo. Instead of separating the
> extensions by a comma, it creates a new line. It's visually easier to
> read through the extensions. Also, when doing a diff between supported
> extensions by classic driver and gallium driver, it's a lot simpler to
> compare the results.

Neutral argument:
   These days there are so many visuals/fbconfigs that you have to pipe
into less anyway.

Argument against:
   The useful info like client/server glx versions, vendor, etc. are
interspersed between these lists.  It will make everyone have to page
several times to get the particular lines they want.  To me this is a
deal-breaker.

Being able to diff the extension lists is useful, however, so unless
this were an (off by default) option, how about using the work around I use:

glxinfo | sed -e 's/, G/\nG/g' -e 's/^  *//'

-Nathan