No subject

Wed Jul 13 12:12:12 PDT 2011

3. How does the clamping control affect the blending equation?

       RESOLVED:  For fixed-point color buffers, the inputs and the
       result of the blending equation are clamped.  For floating-point
       color buffers, no clamping occurs.

So you want to clamp the colour only before blending but NOT after ?

I suggest you just deactivate automatic clamping and perform it at the
end of the shader instead.
Unless you also need the input of the blend equation to be clamped ...