[Mesa-dev] GLX client only vs client/server

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 17:55:30 PST 2011

Hi,

yet another GLX question to go into the void (anyone want to reply on
why the X glx gen scripts are foobar yet?)

So fglrx seems broken wrt GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB and GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float

server glx vendor string: ATI
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_OML_swap_method,
    GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGIS_multisample,
    GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group
client glx vendor string: ATI
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_create_context, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile,
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
    GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
    GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_OML_swap_method,
    GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
    GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier, GLX_SGIX_swap_group, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
    GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_AMD_gpu_association
GLX version: 1.4
GLX extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_OML_swap_method,
    GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGIS_multisample,
    GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

since they only seem to claim them on the client side, and glxinfo
reports things accordingly,
however if I bypass glxinfo's checks I get the float + sRGB
information back in the visuals.

So I'm assuming this is a bug and I've filed it against fglrx (not
sure if anyone reads their bugs)
however it got me wondering how we decide what is a client only
extension in mesa,

In theory I suppose a server shouldn't be sending float/srgb
attributes without exposing those extensions,
however the client can just ignore them anyways.

Dave.