[Mesa-dev] RFC: 0001-r600g-R700-can-do-more-than-8-tex-and-vtx-clauses.patch

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 03:03:01 PST 2011

2011/3/9 Christian König <deathsimple at vodafone.de>:
> before I create another regression with my patches, could you guys
> please test the attached patch and see if it causes another regression
> on your hardware? Especially evergreen and any of the R600 chipsets?

I didn't test the patch, do you have a specific application that needs
this? I have some general comments anyway. First, the patch introduces
several whitespace errors. I've noticed that in some of your other
commits as well, so you may want to spend some time on fixing your
editor there. I'm not really a fan of using tabs for indentation
either, but at least try to keep things consistent. Second,
introducing a function to build the CF vtx/tex clause initiation
instructions and raising the vtx/tex clause instruction limits are
really two different changes. Note that
r600_bc_num_tex_and_vtx_clauses() may be a bit misnamed, since the
limit is on the number of instructions in a clause, not the number of
clauses.

> +static int r600_bc_num_tex_and_vtx_clauses(struct r600_bc *bc)
"bc" should be const, and I think unsigned makes more sense as a return type.

> +static void r600_bc_cf_vtx_build(struct r600_bc *bc, struct r600_bc_cf *cf, unsigned id)
"cf" should be const, and I don't think it makes much sense to pass
"bc" and "id" separately.

How about the attached two patches instead?