[Mesa-dev] Fwd: Re: [directfb-dev] First results of Mesa/DRM based DirectFB on i915 (GLES2.0 acceleration)

Denis Oliver Kropp dok at directfb.org
Sat Mar 12 23:35:59 PST 2011

On 13/03/11 08:29, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Denis Oliver Kropp <dok at directfb.org> wrote:

>>> I don't know the right answer, but that isn't it. You really don't
>>> want to be using libkms at all
>>> for that use case I don't think. libkms buffers aren't meant to be
>>> used in acceleration situations.
>>
>> Right, I'm not going to use libkms.
>>
>> I'll stay with the Mesa based allocation, but thought I can map the bo
>> similar to how it is done in libkms' bo_map implementation for intel:
>
> You should probably use libdrm_intel I'm not following the
> architecture of what you are doing though,
> if directfb has a loadable per-gpu driver that isn't mesa etc.

At the moment there's one module for all Mesa specific code,
including whole DRM Mode setup and DRM Image creation, as well
as wrapping into render buffer and texture objects.

Then there's a module providing the acceleration of the 2D API
of DirectFB which uses GLES 2.0 calls.

There's no vendor specific code so far, but it seems we need that.

--
Best regards,
  Denis Oliver Kropp