[Mesa-dev] [r600g + s3tc] bug or missing kernel piece of software ?

Benjamin BELLEC b.bellec at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 04:43:26 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have compiled the last Mesa code (and libtxc_dxtn from Marek Olšák's
branch) in order to test the S3TC support recently pushed in r600g.
In his commit
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=8e0437914bb786d0b05be8f95e4ff37bf5a19f44),
Dave Airlie says "Still requires R600_ENABLE_S3TC until the kernel fixes
are in, this has only been tested on evergreen where the kernel doesn't
yet get in the way."

My GPU is a RV770 (Radeon 4850) and I have some mitigated results within
Enemy Territory Quake Wars, so should I file a bug or wait for a kernel
piece of software ? And if so which one ? (I'm currently on 2.6.38-rc8).

Benjamin Bellec