[Mesa-dev] EXT_texture_snorm - is it possible in GL2?

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:49:25 PDT 2011

Yeah, it's the worst spec I have ever read.

I am using the GL3.1 spec instead. There is also a trivial interaction with
ARB_color_buffer_float. If I read the 3.1 spec correctly, there is no way to
store _unclamped_ values to a signed normalized texture when rendering to it
without a call to glClampColorARB to disable fragment color clamping.

BTW I am almost done with EXT_texture_snorm and am doing final testing. I
will send patches soon along with ARB_color_buffer_float.

Marek