[Mesa-dev] Error building glxext.c

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed May 4 10:37:03 PDT 2011

On Wed, 04 May 2011 10:01:28 -0700
Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> wrote:

> On 05/04/2011 09:40 AM, Dan McCabe wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Apologies if this is a stupid n00b question, but I'm getting errors
> > building glxext.c in mesa/mesa/src/glx.
> >
> > Specific error msg is:
> >         glxext.c: In function ‘__glXWireToEvent’:
> >         glxext.c:141:35: error: ‘xGLXBufferSwapComplete’ has no member
> >         named ‘sbc_hi’
> >         glxext.c:141:58: error: ‘xGLXBufferSwapComplete’ has no member
> >         named ‘sbc_lo’
> >
> > I followed the installation/build directions described here:
> > 	http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide
> > and I grabbed the src from git last night (early evening).
> >
> > Any suggestions/recommendations?
>
> My guess is that you need newer glproto bits.  The protocol related to
> the GLX buffer swap complete event was broken, and Jesse has been
> working on fixing.  I'd guess that you Mesa bits have the fixes applied,
> but they need newer glproto bits to build.

I think it's the reverse, I got review on the glproto bits so they're
pushed.  Still waiting on review for the Mesa, dri2proto, and X parts
though to push the rest.

So revert the top commit of glproto to get the old structure def back
(in fact, Mesa autoconf should have complained about the glproto, but
only if you re-run autogen.sh).