[Mesa-dev] Status of VDPAU and XvMC state-trackers (was Re: Build error on current xvmc-r600 pipe-video)

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Mon May 9 12:04:08 PDT 2011

Andy Furniss wrote:

> dd6cd206a6395be651bc965580e17c0d63513c7b
>
> [g3dvl] correctly implement non power of two buffers
>
> regresses rendering on my RV670.

I see with the weekend changes and master merge that the "new" xvmc
artifacts on my rv790 are now gone without patching.

mplayer vanilla is working and vdpau perf is much better.

On my rv790 there are still vdpau decode artifacts that don't show with
xvmc -

http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/mobcal-rv790-vdpau.png

My rv670 is still suffering quite different problems both xvmc and vdpau -

http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/pend-rv670-vdpau.png
http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/mobcal-rv670-vdpau.png