[Mesa-dev] Mesa (master): r300c: Fix up for register allocator rewrite.

Tom Stellard tstellar at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:17:37 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 07:04:26PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> FWIW we can alternatively import the r300 compiler to
> >> gallium/drivers/r300 to prevent r300c breakages.
> >>

> > I don't think anyone is planning to do anything else with r300c, so it
> > might be best to just put it out to pasture and pull the compiler into
> > r300g.
> >
> > Alex
>
> Just so commits as simple as
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=39be542f734f5725108f3e0223a9d748033b4735
> don't have to be made?

My mistake here.  Going forward I'll make sure to port essential r300g
changes to r300c.

> I mean, I don't care for r300c at all, but maybe someone does.
> Presumably since Michel found this, he still builds it. Doesn't feel
> like too much to ask to make sure that required r300g modifications
> propagate to r300c. (The change to r300g was a single line, r300c was
> 2).
>
> But, perhaps really no one cares about r300c.

It would be nice to be able to drop r300c.  Who is still using it and for
what purpose?  If current users don't care about new compiler improvements
maybe we can place a fairly stable version of the compiler(7.10?)
in r300c and move the current compiler code into r300g.

-Tom