[Mesa-dev] gl_NormalMatrix issue on Intel driver

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Tue Oct 11 13:57:38 PDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 01:21 PM, tom fogal wrote:
> Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> writes:
>> Yikes!  A *lot* has changed in the fragment shader back-end for i965
>> since 7.10.2.  Have you at least tried 7.10.3?  7.11?
>
> I have not.  To be honest, I am pretty daunted by trying a new X
> driver.  I don't quite understand the interaction between drm, the
> kernel, X proper, and Mesa to know what needs to be compiled, nor have
> I ever found good documentation on how to swap out my driver on either
> mesa3d.org or intellinuxgraphics.org.
>
> I am completely comfortable compiling/trying out master, even, if I
> knew how... can I just LD_PRELOAD the new libGL, perhaps?

Actually, you should only need new Mesa.  The other bits should be fine.

To build:
./autogen.sh --enable-xcb --disable-glu --with-gallium-drivers=''
--with-dri-drivers=swrast,i965 --enable-texture-float --enable-debug
make -j5

You don't have to install it, either.  Just set these:

export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/home/kwg/Projects/mesa/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH

(obviously change the path)

Then, glxinfo ought to report something like:
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.12-devel (git-c916114)