[Mesa-dev] Radeon DRI1 removal

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Thu Oct 20 15:20:47 PDT 2011

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:35:31 +0200, Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:
> On Mit, 2011-10-19 at 17:50 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > So, Radeon maintainers, what do you think?  And, does anyone else want
> > to test it on the other drivers?  I caught two bugs in my r300 testing
> > (one too many lines cut in one r300 commit, and I had also removed the
> > texsubimage code in an unrelated-to-the-series commit, but it regressed
> > s3tc-texsubimage so I backed it out).
>
> I don't feel too strongly about it either way, but if you're going to do
> this, you might as well remove the classic r300 and r600 drivers
> altogether in favour of the Gallium based ones.

I've pushed a branch to do so to r300-kill of my repo.  People seemed
even more excited about this than the DRI1 stuff, but everyone seemed to
predicate it on DRI1 going away.  I'm figuring I'd slip that series in
after the initial "remove DRI1 screen setup" commit.

Any explicit acks on DRI1, or complaints about my interpretation of acks
on killing r300/r600?

Note: there's more r300 to kill after this series.  However, with this
change I've gone from one testable radeon to no testable radeons, so I'm
not planning on doing much more axing of radeon code.