[Mesa-dev] State tracker pipe_surface woes...

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Wed Sep 7 10:52:53 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Am 07.09.2011 07:33, schrieb Stéphane Marchesin:
> > 2011/9/2 Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com>:

Yes. The statetracker either stores the pipe_surface somewhere, or re-creates the pipe_surfaces. And when recreating the driver may or not give the same pipe_surface pointer. The semantics are such that everything should just work regargless.

Is up to the pipe driver to ensure that when pipe->flush() is called, any pending drawing on a pipe_surface becomes visible in the parent pipe_resource, i.e, _all_ pipe_surfaces and pipe_sampler_views objects, created by all contexts will pick up the.

For pipe drivers where a pipe_surface is just a stateless structure, this is trivial to achieve. For pipe drivers where a pipe_surface has its own VRAM storage (due to unsupported formats/workarounds), this is achieved by queing a blit from that surface private VRAM to the pipe_resource VRAM at flush time.

Jose