[Mesa-dev] gallium scaled types

Christoph Bumiller e0425955 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 12 09:10:13 PDT 2011

On 12.09.2011 17:48, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> Am 11.09.2011 19:17, schrieb Dave Airlie:
>> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> not really finding a great explaination in my 2 minute search, of what
>>> the USCALED and SSCALED types are representative of
>>>
>>> On r600 hw at least we have a SCALED type, which seems to be an
>>> integer in float point format, as well as an INT type which is natural
>>> integers.
>> Talked on irc with calim and mareko, makes sense now, need to add
>> UINT/SINT types
>> will document things maybe a bit more on my way past.
>>
>> will also rename the stencil types.
>
> Hmm what's wrong with them?
> USCALED is a unsigned int type which in contrast to UNORM isn't
> normalized but "scaled" to the actual value (so same as UINT really).

Then, please tell me how to distinguish:

glVertexAttribPointer(0, size 4,  type GL_INT, normalized GL_FALSE,
stride 0, data)
from
glVertexAttrib*I*Pointer(0, size 4, type GL_INT, stride 0, data)

The idea was:
the first means the vertex element format will be
PIPE_FORMAT_R32G32B32A32_SSCALED
and the second will use PIPE_FORMAT_R32G32B32A32_SINT