[Mesa-dev] gallium scaled types

Roland Scheidegger sroland at vmware.com
Tue Sep 13 09:20:01 PDT 2011

Am 13.09.2011 17:31, schrieb Dave Airlie:
> I've attached a rough outline of a patch to add a bind_as_integer flag
> for vertex elements, sampler views and surfaces.
I wonder if the "default" shouldn't be the native type, so bind_as_float
instead? I guess it doesn't really matter though.

> I wonder if the sampler view and surfaces are always going to be bind
> as integer for SCALED types, in which case maybe we can just state
> that somewhere and move on.
Hmm good question. It looks to me like it is indeed not possible in GL
to sample integer textures as bind_as_float (only when normalized does
conversion to int happen), and I don't know if hw could do it. Probably
the same for surfaces.
If we have bind_as_float we really should rename SCALED to INT probably
in a future patch.

Roland