[Mesa-dev] EXT_gpu_shader4 glsl

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Wed Sep 14 09:51:31 PDT 2011

On 09/14/2011 06:16 AM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> So I've been noticing there are a number of inconsistencies between
> EXT_gpu_shader4 and GLSL1.30, are you planning on implementing
> EXT_gpu_shader4?

I'm not super interested in it, though it seems like a nice thing to
have once GL3 and GLSL 1.30 are in place.  I wouldn't bother doing it
first, though.

> EXT_gpu_shader4 appears to define "unsigned" and can also use
> texture2D to sample from integer samplers.

That should be pretty trivial.  I'm guessing they're just the GLSL 1.30
functions but using the old names.  Just need to add those to
texture_builtins.py and create new EXT_gpu_shader4.(vert|frag) profiles
with the prototypes.