[Mesa-dev] gallium scaled types

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:04:51 PDT 2011

> Agree.
>
> So who is going to do that? Dave and Marek seems to already have
> volunteered for that. I would also like to help, but at least officially
> I don't have time todo so.

I've started on separate int types in my

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa/log/?h=gallium-int-work

This plumbs in new SINT/UINT types and a bit in the format description
like normalize. I've added int format get/put hooks which for the INT
formats don't ever allow you to get floats out. The float and 8-bit
fetches are lefts as NULLs for now. At least for debugging I'd like to
leave it this way, the mesa state tracker has no need to ever fetch
anything else from these, and most likely any driver fetching a float
is doing it wrong, since you are deliberately losing precision.

I've pretty much got my precision clear test working with this and
read/draw pixels path (with one bit of a hack to the int32 conversion
path). All the GL texstore paths need float avoidance paths added.

/me really needs to stop working on this soon :-)

Dave.