[Mesa-dev] Intel TexImage cleanup

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Sep 22 13:37:24 PDT 2011

On 09/22/2011 01:34 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
> Only 75 lines of code deletion to offer here.
>
> My goal was to delete the whole CPU upload part of intelTexImage by
> moving the mt setup to AllocTextureImageBuffer and using the
> MapTextureImage-based Mesa core.  However, because we don't have all
> of core converted to MapTextureImage, there are places that call
> AllocTextureImageBuffer then immediately expect ->Data to be present,
> which we wouldn't be able to provide.

You're talking about in mipmap.c, for example, right?  After the
AllocTextureImageBuffer() call we should be calling
ctx->Driver.MapTextureImage() to map the src/dst mipmap levels.

The core/fallback GetTexImage() code also needs to call
ctx->Driver.Map/UnmapTextureImage().  And swrast.  It's on my to-do
list but I might not get to it for a while.

Eventually, there should be no use of gl_texture_image->Data anywhere
in core Mesa or swrast.  It should really be a driver-private concept.

-Brian