[Mesa-dev] Half Life 2, Wine, r600g

Mickey Lyle mickeylyle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:25:45 PDT 2011

First- This may really be the wrong place for this, if so kindly point me in
the right direction and I will buzz off!

I'm trying to run Half Life 2 through Wine on Xubuntu 11.04 using
xorg-edgers and the r600g driver. Here's what I get:

http://pwnux.blogspot.com/2011/09/current-state-of-r600g.html

To be clear- using fglrx, I don't see this kind of corruption, everything
works fine. It is a driver issue.

It was suggested I install the i386 driver, for use with Wine, but as you
can see the result is still pretty off. If this is just a configuration or
user issue, let me know and I will find an appropriate place for support.
But if this is a development issue, I am more than happy to provide any/all
information you guys want to request from me to get this fixed! If it's a
feature that is still in development, let me know which one, so I can follow
it more closely. :)

Thanks for your time! And thank you for all the hard work on r600g, I am
cheering for you guys!