[Mesa-dev] Help for a beginner

Tom Stellard tstellar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 18:16:02 PDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Romain Failliot
<romain.failliot at foolstep.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm an experienced programmer, but I've never touched the mesa code.
> I desperately want to help, but for that, I need a "mentor" to teach me the
> basics about the project, the good practices and eventually drive me through
> the bugs and features.
>
> I'd be glad to begin with a simple, but long and unwanted bug/feature. Once
> plugged to this bug, I won't bother you until I finish, I'll learn by my own
> at this point.
>
> Hope someone is interested ;)

Hi,

Glad you're interested.   We can always use more help.  I think the
best way to get started is to find something to work on that is
interesting to you.  So, I have two questions: What hardware do you
have, and why do you want to contribute to Mesa?

-Tom