[Mesa-dev] Mesa-8.0.2 libGL.so: undefined reference to `XGetXCBConnection'

jupiter.hce at gmail.com jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 06:36:15 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-18 09:48-0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
>On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 23:53 +1000, jupiter.hce at gmail.com wrote:
>> On 2012-04-17 09:34-0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
>> >Note that neither one of the above libraries is mentioned in your ldd
>> >output, which means libGL was linked incorrectly.  What method did you
>> >use to build Mesa?
>>
>> The default of the configuration was used. How should I change the
>> default configure to link libX11-xcb and libxcb-glx properly?
>
>That's not the answer I was looking for.  When I ask "what method did
>you use" I expect a reply more like:
>
>"I ran ./configure and then make"
>
>or:
>
>"I ran 'make linux-dri-x86'"

I ran "make linux-dri-x86" and "make install", sorry, I thought I put
the commands in response.

As I said, I followed online document of Compiling and Installing.
Unless I was missing something from the document, I guess there is no
need to manually run configure to link libX11-xcb and libxcb-glx,
correct?

Thank you.