[Mesa-dev] WebGL WG interested in 1.0.1 conformance test results on real drivers

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon Apr 23 08:29:22 PDT 2012

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:09:33 -0700 (PDT), Benoit Jacob <bjacob at mozilla.com> wrote:
> > > conformance/programs/program-test.html: 1 tests failed
> >
> > > PASS linking should fail with in-use formerly good program, with
> > > new bad shader attached
> > > FAIL getError expected: NO_ERROR. Was INVALID_OPERATION : drawing
> > > with a
> > > valid program shouldn't generate a GL error
> >
> > This sounded like it was going to be a Mesa bug, but this testcase
> > passes:
>
> This is indeed Mesa's bug: on failure, glLinkProgram should leave a previously-successfully-linked program intact. The testcase in your email doesn't seem to be re-linking the program with the bad shader, which would explain why it doesn't reproduce this issue.

It should?  I read the opposite in this quote from the GL 3.0 spec:

    "Linking will also fail if one or more of the shader objects,
     attached to program are not compiled successfully, or if more
     active uniform or active sampler variables are used in program than
     allowed (see section 2.20.3). If LinkProgram failed, any
     information about a previous link of that program object is
     lost. Thus, a failed link does not restore the old state of
     program."

> > > conformance/renderbuffers/framebuffer-object-attachment.html: 3
> > > tests failed
> >
> > > Create and attach depthStencil renderbuffer
> > > PASS depthStencilBuffer = gl.createRenderbuffer() is non-null.
> > > PASS getError was expected value: NO_ERROR :
> > > PASS gl.getRenderbufferParameter(gl.RENDERBUFFER,
> > > gl.RENDERBUFFER_WIDTH) is width
> > > PASS gl.getRenderbufferParameter(gl.RENDERBUFFER,
> > > gl.RENDERBUFFER_HEIGHT) is height
> > > FAIL gl.getRenderbufferParameter(gl.RENDERBUFFER,
> > > gl.RENDERBUFFER_INTERNAL_FORMAT) should be 34041. Was 0.
> >
> > [ and 2 others of this sort ]
> >
> > I bet this will be our failure.  We don't have test coverage for
> > GL_RENDERBUFFER_INTERNAL_FORMAT in piglit, which I'll try to fix.
>
> Cool, let me know.

I wrote a test that checked that for all the internalformats we knew of
for renderbuffers, the RB had that GL_RENDERBUFFER_INTERNAL_FORMAT.  The
test passed.  I'll need to poke at the webgl testcase to figure out
where to look next.