[Mesa-dev] [QUESTION] If shared dricode/glapi is enabled by default, why it isn't used by gallium

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Aug 14 22:59:34 PDT 2012

On Mit, 2012-08-15 at 04:51 +0300, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> I noticed that recently in addition to nouveau_dri.so, I also get
> installed libdricore.so and libglsl.so.

I assume you mean libglapi.so instead of libglsl.so, the latter is no
longer built as a separate shared object.

> But two later files aren't linked to anything and can be deleted.
> Obviously nouveau_dri.so statically links its code.
>
> Quick glance over Makefiles makes me thing that same issue exists
> in other Gallium drivers.

I get libdricore linked by r600_dri.so and libglapi linked by libGL.

> Any while at it, why not to move mesa state tracker
> (src/mesa/state_tracker) to gallium for consistency, as anyway
> the (src/gallium/state_trackers) long ago isn't just
> 'This directory is a placeholder for incubating state-trackers.'
>
> In fact wrapper for all DRI gallium drivers, lives there.
> Its just confusing this way in my opinion.

The current location is indeed a historical accident and may be
confusing. It might be better to move it to src/mesa/drivers/ though, so
it's less likely to be overlooked when making changes in src/mesa/
affecting it.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com