[Mesa-dev] [RFC patch 0/2] Build libgallium shared

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 03:00:15 PDT 2012

Hey,

2 patches in the series, first is to fix/workaround a build error with
grouping and dynamic libraries, I found it on bugzilla.
The second one builds libgallium.so as a shared library to save some space.

I don't know what the full impact is and if there are some globals that
might get confused if re-used, for example if an application uses
r600_dri and r600_vdpau at the same time.

Sharing libgallium.so is approximately saving 1 mb per driver that links
to it, while libgallium.so is 1.8mb total. These numbers are without any
debug symbols.

~Maarten