[Mesa-dev] Shrining mesa binaries.

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Fri Aug 24 11:45:44 PDT 2012

Hi.

I hope this is the correct place for this.

I make a Wayland live cd, and in order for Wayland to work, I need to build mesa with Wayland support.

I get Mesa to build just fine it's just that I notice that the binaries in /egl /dri and /gbm are MUCH larger then the ones provided by the distro, and it's taking up a good amount of space on the LiveCD.

for instance:
The egl_gallium that gets built is 20mb while the one in the distro is 6MB
The dri folder that gets built is 87mb while the distro is 15MB
The gbm folder that gets built is 55mb while the distro is 5mb

What do I need to do to shrink these binaries, and to get it to work on the most possible machines? I notice --enable-shared-dricore that I read about appears to be gone, and I tried using the strip command on the binaries.

These are the options I pass
./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD --enable-shared-dricore --enable-openvg --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2  --with-gallium-drivers=nouveau,svga,r300,r600,swrast  --with-egl-platforms=x11,wayland,drm --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-gallium-egl --libdir=$WLD/lib/$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)

Thanks.