[Mesa-dev] Shrinking mesa binaries.

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Sat Aug 25 08:06:36 PDT 2012

On Friday, August 24, 2012 07:23:08 PM Matt Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Kenneth Graunke <kenneth at whitecape.org> wrote:
> > We removed --enable-shared-dricore because it's now non-optional---you get
> > it all the time.  Unfortunately, in our recent automake rework, it sounds
> > like we lost some of the visibility flags, which probably explains the huge
> > binaries you're seeing.  I believe Matt's working on a fix for that.
>
> Good point. I didn't consider that but it's quite possibly the cause.
> It's definitely on my todo list and needs doing before 9.0.

Ah. I see.
Just to be sure, you don't suppose that it's because I'm enabling too many options as well?
./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD --enable-shared-dricore --enable-openvg --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2  --with-gallium-drivers=nouveau,svga,r300,r600,swrast  --with-egl-platforms=x11,wayland,drm --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-gallium-egl --libdir=$WLD/lib/$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)

Thanks!