[Mesa-dev] glxinfo updates?

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Aug 30 16:01:10 PDT 2012

On 08/30/2012 09:32 AM, Ian Romanick wrote:
> On 08/30/2012 02:33 PM, Brian Paul wrote:
>> On 08/30/2012 08:08 AM, Ian Romanick wrote:

>>> So
>>> far, all future versions of OpenGL are backwards compatible with 3.1.
>>> Failing that, should it try 3.2 core, then 3.1, then 1.0 (current
>>> behavior)?
>>
>> I think so. I actually started hacking on this a while ago. Would you
>> be interested in a patch if I can find it?
>
> Sure. It would give me a start, anyway.

Attached.  It's from June of 2011, actually.  Hopefully there's
something useful.

> One thing I'm struggling with
> is what the default behavior should be and what set of options should
> be available. I see value to users (and app developers) in still being
> able to see the set of extensions available in pre-3.1 contexts, for
> example.
>
> Opinions?

In my patch I added a -c flag to specify core profiles.

Maybe we should query/print info for both compat and core profiles.

That is, after

OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x300)
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL extensions:
    [...]

We'd have:

OpenGL core profile renderer string: Intel...
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 Mesa 9.0-devel
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
OpenGL core profile extensions:
    [...]

Otherwise, we'll always be asking bug reporters to resend their
glxinfo with -c (or some other unfamiliar option).

-Brian