[Mesa-dev] Please test the automake-gallium4 branch

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 12:48:30 PST 2012

On 23/11/12 21:23, Andreas Boll wrote:
> Hi mesa-list,
>
> I'm happy to announce that I've finished Matt's automake-gallium branch [0].
> Some of the independent patches are already in the master branch.
> I've fixed the missing symbols in vdpau and xvmc
> and installed lots of compatibility links to provide the same
> behaviour as the old build system. (lib/*.so and lib/gallium/*.so)
>
> Please help Matt and me to test the automake-gallium4 branch [1] !
>
> Here you have a list of things you could test:
>
> Drivers:
> - i915g
> - llvmpipe
> - nv30
> - nv50
> - nvc0
> - r300g
> - r600g
> - radeonsi
> - softpipe
> - svga
>
> State tracker:
> - Clover (OpenCL)
> - Mesa (OpenGL)
> - VDPAU
> - Vega (OpenVG)
> - XA
> - Xorg
> - XvMC
>
> The other build systems:
> - Android
> - Scons
>
> Some other things:
> - egl, gles1,2, gbm, with and without LLVM, r600-llvm-compiler
>

> If there are no objections I'll merge this branch next week.
>
> Thanks to Matt and Tom for the hard work.

Hi Andreas

I've been testing the branch for a few days now and apart from the
increased number of symbols [1] I have not noticed any issues

* Hardware - nvidia geforce GT 120M (nv96)
* Drivers - nv50
* State trackers - Mesa/Gallium (OpenGL)

The following have also been built but not tested (yet)
* egl, gles1,2, gbm, vdpau

[1] The number and type of symbols varies greatly. The following are
mostly affected
* egl_gallium.so
* libvdpau_nouveau.so
* nouveau_dri.so

I have not ran any piglit tests, but I'm planning to so later on today
or tomorrow

Thanks
Emil