[Mesa-dev] [RFC] intel: add support for EGL_KHR_gl_image

Abdiel Janulgue abdiel.janulgue at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 17 06:13:22 PST 2012

On Friday, December 14, 2012 11:38:04 AM Eric Anholt wrote:
> Abdiel Janulgue <abdiel.janulgue at linux.intel.com> writes:
> > This patch set adds support for KHR_gl_texture_2D_image,
> > KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image and KHR_gl_texture_3D_image for Gen 4 ->
> > Gen7 HW. The extension enables us to be a bit more conformant to the
> > spec in Android at least. I've tested it on SandyBridge and IvyBridge.
> >
> > The approach is to export a mipmap level to a DRIImage accounting for
> > the level's offset from the surface base address including the x and y
> > offsets on cubemap face or 3D texture slices.
> >
> > I've pushed it in git at gitorious.org/mesa3d/mesa.git KHR_gl_image
> > branch. I'll submit a a separate piglit test to soon to piglit-dev.
>
> Cool.  We really should have these extensions.
>
> But we also really need some piglit tests to stress this.

Thanks! I just submitted an initial test to piglit list.

> The
> intel_setup_image_from_mipmap_tree() code in this series can orphan
> siblings the moment they're created.  intel_finalize_mipmap_tree() can
> also do so currently.  We need to be able to track somehow where the
> canonical miptree contents are and resolve our work back to it.

Good catch. Do you think if it would make sense to drop support for this non-
tile-aligned <= gen4 hack in this case? It would make the code much more
simpler. The older hardware doesn't seem to support rendering to the fine
grained X and Y tile offsets anyways - which is needed to resolve back to the
specific miptree level.

-abdiel