[Mesa-dev] [RFC PATCH 0/26] Implement ARB_texture_multisample
chrisf at ijw.co.nz
Sat Dec 29 04:35:13 PST 2012
This series adds support for ARB_texture_multisample in core mesa
and the i965 driver, and initially enables it for Gen6.
There's a few rough edges still:
- sample counts aren't quantized correctly
- various small Gen7-specific things aren't done or adequately tested
(Gen7 surface_state bits; testing for 8x mode; MCS; Gen7 `ld`
- HiZ/STENCIL_INDEX* interactions are almost certainly wrong on Gen6,
since I'm not setting up HiZ surfaces at all.
- dispatch is slightly bogus (using exec=mesa). not sure what i'm doing
wrong here, but the proper exec=dynamic doesn't work. i'm sure im
missing something really obvious.
- some other Gen6 restrictions on 'large' multisample formats aren't
taken into account (the PRM mentions that formats larger than 64bits
per sample don't work)
- almost certainly some style violations :)
Piglits for this feature are in the texture_multisample branch at
git://github.com/chrisforbes/piglit.git, and cover most things now.
I'll tidy those changes up into a nice series for the piglit list soon.
Let me know how I'm doing it wrong :)
More information about the mesa-dev