[Mesa-dev] patches (Re: undefined C++ GLSL symbol error)

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 05:51:43 PST 2012

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 05:03:21 -0800 (PST)
Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:

> I wonder if people have use any tools to facility applying patches posted to mesa, as for me locate, save, and applying them takes a lot of time, and more often than not fails due to white space munging. I barely can keep up with the review requests anyway.

If a patch is malformatted to begin with, I can't help it. But, if
your email client happens to support running external commands on mail
files, I have a script that applies them to a given local git repo,
launching a terminal window for it and optionally running it though the
kernel checkpatch.pl. On any errors, it drops you to a shell.

Personally I use claws-mail, and could share my setup, if
anyone is interested in homebrewn solution for the save & apply part.

Thanks,
pq