[Mesa-dev] Quick EGL questions

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Thu Feb 9 06:13:26 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom at vmware.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a couple of quick EGL questions that I hope someone knows the answer
> to:
>
> 1) I'm trying to test the vmwgfx_dri driver with EGL driver egl_dri2,
> platform drm, but it doesn't seem like this
> configuration supports EGL_MESA_screen_surface so basically all relevant EGL
> demos fail. Is this the case, or
> is it more likely that we are missing something in the vmwgfx driver?

Yes, egl_dri2 doesn't support that extension.  I don't see a problem
in adding support for it, but the approach we've taken is to not try
to wrap KMS in an EGL extension and instead provide integration points
that lets us use the two APIs together.

> 2) Why is --enable-shared-glapi needed with the drm EGL platform?

Don't remeber exactly, but I think it's because we use glapi
get_proc_address in there (or gbm) and need to link to something that
provides it.

Kristian