[Mesa-dev] Haiku Mesa status

Alexander von Gluck kallisti5 at unixzen.com
Tue Jan 3 07:43:46 PST 2012

Good morning!

I really appreciate Mesa being open to accepting the Haiku patches.

The Haiku support is close to done. Given the current patches applied (plus
a few small tweaks mentioned below), Mesa (and a few Gallium drivers!) build
under Haiku.

Here is whats left for the basic build...

  * Haiku makefile.
    - Mesa is moving away from makefiles to auto tools, while getting
autotools to work for Haiku may be possible.. it is difficult and I have not
succeeded yet.
    - Right now I am using an un-pushed haiku make "configs" file
  * libGLU will only build as a shared library
    - This seems incorrect as a few makefiles in the Mesa configs attempt to
build it as static via "GLU_LIB_NAME = libGLU.a"

Anyway, I have a mesa build script which generates this file which is pulled
in and used by the Haiku build process:
http://pub.haikufire.com/mesa/mesa-04e6db8-gcc4-x86.zip

So far things are looking good, we are getting close to a usable build
process giving us the latest Mesa while putting minimal strain on the Mesa
project as we don't have dedicated mesa developers.

Thanks!
  -- Alex