[Mesa-dev] i965: Fixing dirty bits

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Sun Jan 8 14:43:49 PST 2012

While investigating an etracer issue on Ivybridge, I did a lot of careful
reading of the tracked state atoms' dirty bits.  Found a bunch of issues.
Unfortunately, none of these patches fixed the issues I was seeing.

While we're at it: BRW_NEW_CONTEXT seems like the wrong thing in basically
every case.  Until we get MI_SET_CONTEXT, we always want to use NEW_BATCH.
Or am I missing something?  I mean, NEW_CONTEXT won't hurt, but seems
superfluous.

I'm also uncertain whether things like gen6_cc need to listen to
BRW_NEW_STATE_BASE_ADDRESS or not.