[Mesa-dev] Drooping multiple driver support in EGL?

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Sat Jan 14 00:02:35 PST 2012

On 01/13/2012 04:29 PM, Jose Fonseca wrote:

> [...]

This is another case where the term "DRI" is overloaded in an awkward
and confusing way.  We cannot require that things loader side (libEGL,
libGL, or the xserver's GLX module) be updated in lock-step with the
drivers or vice versa.

We can version the interfaces and only have certain functionality when
everyone agrees on the interfaces (e.g., the recent
GLX_ARB_create_context work).  This sounds different than what was being
discussed above, but I may be mistaken.