[Mesa-dev] llvmpipe lp_build_context

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:23:05 PST 2012

> That is, lp_bld_arit.c functions such as lp_build_add() are be confident that passed the values and types are consistent, and all assertions to test that should be preserved.
>
> I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Jose, this seems sensible and I'll try and go in that
direction, some issues I've noted so far

a) lp_build_select, you have to tell it the type of the values so it
can do the proper operations internally with them, I'm not sure we can
hide that easily inside the tgsi_soa,c file, we currently don't pass
it a build context, which maybe if we start doing that it'll fix it.

b) its hard to infer a type for MOV, but I'm creating a ptr that is
the same as the fetch pointer. This matters more for MOVs from
immediates if my memory serves (its a bit blurry after staring at this
most of the day). In theory you'd think we could just use float, but
that broke down in a fair few corner cases.

I hacked out a lot of the asserts earlier but I'm slowly putting them
back in as I get things into better shape.

I've no idea yet about fetch/sampling, I'll try and get the internals
done first.

Dave.