[Mesa-dev] Segmentation fault with VTK OffScreenRendering

Joshua Daniel Franklin (UW Seattle) joshuadf at uw.edu
Mon Jan 30 11:13:39 PST 2012

On 1/27/12 12:28 PM, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> So you want to get OSMesa from Mesa-7.11.2 working with VTK-5.8.0 on
> Fedora 15?

Yep, works great. I think I'll adapt your script for our users here too!
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2012-January/018282.html

So is it EGL that has trouble with offline rendering, since you did
"--disable-egl"?

It's too bad since I guess that means stock Fedora users are stuck using
X11. The mesa.spec from Fedora 15 does this:

%configure %{common_flags} \
     --disable-glw \
     --disable-glut \
     --enable-gl-osmesa \
     --with-driver=dri \
     --with-osmesa-bits=8 \
     --with-dri-driverdir=%{_libdir}/dri \
     --enable-egl \
     --enable-gles1 \
     --enable-gles2 \
     --disable-gallium-egl \
%if %{with_hardware}
     --with-gallium-drivers=r300,r600,nouveau,swrast \
     --enable-gallium-llvm \
%else
     --disable-gallium-llvm \
     --with-gallium-drivers=swrast \