[Mesa-dev] Text rendering partly broken by commit f9874fee

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 30 12:19:47 PST 2012

Hi Brian,

Recently VTK's TestPieChartActor and similar tests started to fail on
our test machines that use nightly Mesa.  For example, one that I run:

   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=133410913&build=1960175

and one that Kevin Hobbs runs:

   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=133403016&build=1960419

Some text comes out rendered as blocks, but not all.  I think it may be
the background color or transparency that is incorrect, as seen in the
TestScalarBar result:

   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=133403366&build=1960418

Git bisect reports

   http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=f9874fee

as the cause.  I'm not sure exactly what day this commit became reachable
in upstream master but I think the problem went unnoticed for a few days
because it was obscured by some shared-glapi problems already discussed
in other threads here.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
-Brad