[Mesa-dev] Mesa master branch: forced update

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Tue Jul 10 13:13:26 PDT 2012

On 07/10/2012 12:50 PM, Tom Stellard wrote:

> I just fetched from the master branch of the fdo mesa repo and was
> greeted with a "forced update" message, and the gitweb interface shows
> several days of history are missing from the master branch.
>
> olv appears to be the last user to modify the master branch:
>
> tstellar at annarchy:~$ ls -l /git/mesa/mesa.git/refs/heads/master
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 olv mesa 41 Jul 10 11:41 /git/mesa/mesa.git/refs/heads/master
>
> Anyone know what happened?
>
> -Tom

I'm not sure what happened, but I just (non-force) pushed my copy of
master to restore the lost history.  Ian, Chad, Matt, Jordan, Anuj,
Paul, and I looked at our copies and it appeared that I had the most
recent history (I'd pulled literally a few hours ago).

The new head is:

commit 67a8ee891b2e119d826d8f830c1cbbe64ecb4f82
Author: Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Jul 10 18:55:46 2012 +0200

    gallium/docs: document interface changes for timestamp query

Hopefully this doesn't make things worse...