[Mesa-dev] r600g: hyperz

j.glisse at gmail.com j.glisse at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:30:58 PDT 2012

So this patch add hyperz but does not enable it. I have been working on
that for the last 7 month i just fail at not making it lockup. Same time
i would prefer having this code upstream so i don't have to rebase.

I try to match fglrx sync & flush pattern but that would basicly mean
rewritting the whole r600g. So here is a cleanup of r600g flushing
i have been working on to try to fix lockup, but no success there
(slightly improve thing i think but when it comes to lockup it's
hard to have a metric on how more likely they are to happen or not)
http://people.freedesktop.org/~glisse/0002-r600g-simplify-and-fix-flushing-and-synchronization.patch

So if the feature doesn't lockup you will see on average 5% increase
in performance.

Anyway off to work on something else.

Cheers,
Jerome