[Mesa-dev] radeonsi: New state handling

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Fri Jul 20 03:21:47 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

this is going to be a big patchset. Since on SI+ some of the
rendering state especially the texture and vertex setup isn't
inside registers any more we are going to need a new state
handling for radeonsi.

So the following patchset is a complete rewrite of it. It
makes a couple of assumptions which as far as I know is true
for SI and all the following generations, like having VM support,
having a constant engine, etc...

>From what I can tell it doesn't really change the functionality
that is currently there, but at least glxgears is starting to
show something.

So please take a look and tell me what you think about it,
Christian.