[Mesa-dev] Can --enable-shared-glapi die?

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Tue Jul 24 10:45:08 PDT 2012

On 07/23/2012 12:59 PM, Ian Romanick wrote:
> Perhaps someone can refresh my memory as to what exactly this option
> does?  Can we make this the default and remove the option from configure?

Thanks to all for the refresher.  Off-list someone raised another issue
to me that seems like a deal breaker.  If an application links with a
libGL that uses libglapi it appears that the application gets implicitly
linked with libglapi (as shown by objdump -x | grep -i need).  This will
cause the application to fail if a non-glapi libGL (i.e., any of the
closed-source drivers) is later installed.  The problem seems to be that
symbols like glBegin are in libglapi.

Is this fixable?